Alliance of Christians in Social Work
Persatuan Pekerja Prihatin dan Pekerja Sosial Kristian Malaysia
The idea of an alliance of Christians in social work first mooted some 20 years ago and only revived two years ago. In the wake of the Social Workers Bill, this finally saw the birth of Persatuan Pekerja Prihatin dan Pekerja Sosial Kristian Malaysia, a national society registered with the Registrar of Societies.
At its inaugural biennial general meeting held on 30 July at Dream Centre, Petaling Jaya, the following EXCO was elected for 2013 – 2015:
Chairperson: Andrew Wong Eng Tek (His Team, Selangor)
Vice Chairperson: Josephine Tay (Agape Care, Melaka)
Secretary: Pang Jee Ching (Malaysian Care, Kuala Lumpur)
Asst. Secretary: Karathikan A/L Sibanyanam (Bethany Home, Perak)
Treasurer: Tan Chin Chin (Full Gospel Tabernacle, Selangor)
(1) Stephen Low See Thong (Megaways, Negeri Sembilan)
(2) Kuilan A/L Suppiah (Trinity Baptist Church, Kedah)
(3) Margaret Loy (Community Excel Services, Selangor)
(4) Tee Tiam Yong (Dual Blessing, Johor)
Broadly, the aim of this alliance to focus on training, sharing of resources and social work legislation. Its specific objectives are:
• To be a common platform to increase skills and professionalism to all those involved in social concern/social work.
• To support each other in mutual understanding working towards capacity building and best practices for members.
• To facilitate and support training, education and mentorship on social work for members.
• To be an active advocate for members on code of ethics, laws and policies of social work.
• To work in partnership with professional bodies and government agencies to enhance professional competency in social work practice.
For those who would like to know more about the society, please email: [email protected]
For those who would like to join our membership, please download the PPPPSKM-membership-application-form here and submit to the email above.